Again from an old issue of Women's Era comes a well-known Bengal sweet. Popular all over the world. Given here with a twist as its pressure - cooked.
PRESSURE COOKED ROSSOGOLLA
Paneer - 500 gms (absolutely dry with all the water squeezed out)
Sugar - 10 gms (to be kneaded into flour)
Sugar - 500 gms (for syrup)
Rice flour / arrowroot powder - 30 gms
Water - 750 ml
Rose Water - 4-5 drops
Method : -
- Knead the paneer and flour into a fine paste (you may use the mixer for this)
- Continue kneading till the paneer stops sticking to the basin/bowl.
- Knead in the 10 gm sugar. Divide into 34 portions and roll into smooth balls. Cover with a wet cloth.
- Boil the 500 gms sugar and 750 ml water and reduce the sugar to a thick syrup in a pressure cooker. When the syrup is boling briskly, add the paneer balls.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some rose water.
- Serve warm or chilled.