This recipe should be given due credit to the person who sent it in to the Sangam (ghar bhaite shopping - in Mumbai) but mom didn't note down the name of the lady. So I will have to go ahead as it is. The reason I got all excited about this is because this cake can be made in a microwave and it chocolate cake !!!!
CHOCOLATE CAKE (in the microwave)
Maida (All purpose flour) - 3 cups
Soda bi-carb/ Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Drinking chocolate - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Milk powder - 1 cup
Fresh crem - 1 cup
Sugar powder - 2 cups
Milk - 2 cups
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Method : -
- Sieve all the ingredients together - maida, baking soda, baking powder, drinking chocolate, cocoa powder for 4 mins.
- In another bowl, add the milk powder, fresh cream, sugar powder, milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now mix sieved ingredients in a bowl and stir in one direction for 20 mins.
- Pour this batter in a greased microwavable, square baking bowl. Micro for 10 mins and then grill for 7 mins in grill mode.
- Hurray !!! Chocolate cake is ready.
- When the cake has cooled down, add icing on the top with white butter and icing sugar. (Check out Cake Journal blog site for tutorials).
- Set in the fridge for cooling. Serve.
Note: when mixing, mix in only one direction.