Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
To serve : 8
Milkmaid - 1/2 tin
Rava (Sooji) - 1 cup
Ghee - 3/4 cup
Water - 2 cups
Kesari powder /yellow food colour - 1 tsp
Cashewnuts - 8 - 10
Raisins - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a kadai.
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins till light brown and keep aside.
- Add rava (sooji) to the remaining ghee and fry till light brown.
- Add kesari powder dissolved in 2 cups of water. Keep stirring.
- Reduce heat. When all the water has been absorbed , add Milkmaid. Stir well till traces of ghee begin to show at the sides of the pan (Note: this is the hardest part. My hubby helped me with this.)
- Spread on a greased plate, top with nuts and raisins if desired.
- (Note: Cool at room temperature otherwise place in the fridge for half an hour.) Cut into diamond shaped pieces . (Note : its easier to cut this way)
- Serve warm or cold. (Warm up in the microwave)
Milkmaid Quick Tip - A few drops of liquid orang-red colour may be used if kesari powder is not available.