Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter eggs

Easter came around again and along with the joyous occassion was the time to make peas pulao, sorpotel, buy lots of Easter eggs (marzipan and chocolate) and generally revel in the wonderful day.

I did intend to make Sorpotel (as my hubby is a Goan) but ended up making a tasty pork curry. I say this because Sorpotel has a vivid red tinge to the gravy but my curry had none of that. Perhaps the Kashmiri red chillies were not red enough.

I don't have the recipe with me right now, so won't be able to post it but will do so tomorrow .

For all those who live in India and have a Monginis outlet (confectionary) close by, do go ahead and buy the Easter eggs from there. I did so and they were good. Rs 25 for a marzipan Easter egg and Rs 35 for a chocolate Easter egg.

For those who are in Calcutta (now known as Kolkata) or who intend to visit - do buy your Easter eggs from Nahoum's situated in New Market. They have these huge marzipan eggs with toffees enclosed within and also Chocolate - nut eggs. So tasty.

No comments: