Monday, April 20, 2009

Coriander Rice

I am sure there are many in the wonderful world of food who love Coriander leaves or dhania patta (in Hindi). I, for one, simply love the heavenly aroma of coriander leaves free out from my market bag. I managed to get my hands on this dish and what a combination - Coriander leaves with Rice.

Ingredients : -

Rice - 150 gms

Coriander leaves - 60 g

Garlic - 3 - 4 pearls

Carrots - 50 g

Beans - 50 g

Green chillies - 2

Cooking oil - enough to fry the vegetables.

Salt - to taste

Method :-

Chop carrots and beans into small pieces.

Pluck and wash coriander leaves.

Clean garlic pearls.

Chop green chillies.

Grind all the above into a paste.

Wash rice and keep aside.

Heat the oil in a pan, fry chopped vegetables for 3 minutes.

Add ground paste and fry.

Add the rice, sufficient water to cook and salt.

No comments: