MATAR PANEER / Cottage Cheese and Peas
Paneer (cottage cheese) - 500 g (firm)
Peas - a handful
Onion - 1 (large, chopped)
Tomato - 1 (medium, chopped)
Garam masala (all spice) - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric (haldi) - 1/4 tsp
Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander (dhania) powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
1) Chop the paneer block into small bite size pieces. Pour some cooking oil in a wok/non-stick pan and fry paneer pieces till golden brown. Take out and strain the oil on a kitchen napkin.
2) Toss in the chopped onion and fry well. When the onion turns slightly brown, add the ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
3) Add chopped tomato and keep frying till it melts and softens. Then, add the spices (masalas) , and keep frying till the oil separates from the masalas. Add salt to taste.
4) Now add the peas and let it cook.
5) When done, add the paneer and let it all mix.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot parathas.