Christmas may be two months away but I came across these wonderful recipes for x'mas treats. Some of you may wish to try them out, others may already have them and are experts at making these savouries. So here goes !!
- maida (all purpose flour) - 2 cups
- ghee or butter - 3 tbsps / 4 - 6 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- eggs - 2
- sugar - 1 & 1/2 (half) cup
- milk or hot water - 2 tbsp / 1 teacup
- salt - a small pinch
- cooking oil - enough for deep frying
- Eggs - separate the yolk from the white. Beat the whites till frothy.
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt and baking powder together.
- Fold in the egg white, sugar and ghee/butter. Mix well.
- Combine this with the flour and egg yolks. Knead well into a soft dough.
- Add the milk/hot water if necessary.
- Make into tiny ladoo/kofta size balls. Flatten each ball, make a hole in the centre with a bottle cap / or doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep oil until brown.