Cauliflower - 1 kg (cut into into small florets) and washed in water
Tomatoes - 3 (chopped)
Onions - 2 (large - sliced lengthwise)
Ginger - 2" (cut into long strips)
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tsp
Vegetable masala - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp (roasted)
Curry leaves - 8 - 10
Salt - to taste
Garnish with 2 tbsp coriander leaves (dhania patta)
1. Pour oil into a frying pan, splutter mustard seeds, throw in the curry leaves.
2. Add sliced onions and fry well. When done, add tomatoes, ginger, ginger- garlic paste and vegetable masala and fry well till the tomatoes are soft and all the masala merges well.
3. Add a little water and simmer for 5 mins, stirring occassionally.
4. Add the chopped cauliflower and salt to taste and stir well.
5. Add 1 cup water. Cover the pan and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked. Dry up the water.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves .
Serve along with chapati, roti, parota, a dal, rice, papad, pickle combination.